Out on a dike

Out on a dike phr. [mid 19-C] (US) going out in one's best clothes. [DIKED DOWN] I'm out as a dyke, occasionally out with a dyke. What I do when I'm out on a dike can become your business once I write about it here.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Productively me

You know, I'm enjoying a really positive weekend. This is how weekends should be. Engaging and productive. I'm reminded how powerful I can be. Other people help that along. I mean, where's the point in being powerful all on my own? It only develops significance when it leads to stronger connections and communications.

I won't go into all the details. But there are a number of personal revelations that have come to the fore this week, and I'm determined to do my best with them. That's number one. On top of that, the holiday plans to meet up with my Woman-Stirred friends are moving along very nicely. This is really going to happen! America, here I come!! And today I was contacted by Mel over at everette_1's journal, who told me she found meaning and motivation in my website words. How about that?

Thanks for getting in touch, Mel. And for inspiring me to do this quiz.

You Are 60% Boyish and 40% Girlish

You are pretty evenly split down the middle - a total eunuch.
Okay, kidding about the eunuch part. But you do get along with both sexes.
You reject traditional gender roles. However, you don't actively fight them.
You're just you. You don't try to be what people expect you to be.


That's not too much of a surprise, is it? It's interesting, though, that I take great pride in coming out slightly more boyish than girlish. I really don't want to do girls down. I love girls. I guess it's just that I love boyish girls and those girls who reject traditional gender roles most of all. Haven't I always known that! Stereotypes, away with you!!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 1:04 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Eloise said…

    You Are 70% Boyish and 30% Girlish

    I'm not sure whether this surprises me or not.

    Actually I did do this test the other day that said my brain was so male it was nearly autistic so I suppose I'm doing quite well being only 70% bloke on this one. Then I did this other one where I was totally androgynous (mentally), so who knows.

    The other test is here. It takes a while but it's quite interesting.

    Glad you are having a good weekend and are still alive. You vanished for a while.

     
  • At 1:05 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Julie R. Enszer said…

    America is looking forward to your arrival!

     
  • At 1:17 am, February 12, 2007, Blogger Eloise said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:33 pm, February 12, 2007, Blogger Nicki Hastie said…

    Hey Eloise,

    If I disappear from the blog I'm usually around somewhere, but it's good to know you're looking out for me. I look out for you, too, so we're even.

    Thanks for the other test. I still hold out that I'm better at reading maps than my results suggest! Still, at least I know I have the gift of the gab when it comes to asking for directions ;-)

    Hope you're doing ok, and plenty more than ok.

    Nicki

     
  • At 9:35 pm, February 12, 2007, Blogger Nicki Hastie said…

    Thanks, Julie!

    Parts of America more than others, I should think :-)

    Nicki

     

Post a Comment

<< Home